How to Fit a Girls Gymnastic Leotard
Correctly fitting a Leotard can mean all the difference in the world to your daughters performance.
We have all experienced how a childs feelings about herself can be negatively effected by the smallest things.
A poorly fitting leotard can ruin your daughters spirit crushing her desire to do her best.
Whether the leotard is for a dance team or gymnastics routine, the steps to measuring and fitting of a leotard steps remain the same.
The following steps have been taken directly from the website www.gymnastics411.com
5 Steps to properly fitting a Leotard:
Note: Measure in stocking feet
1. Chest measurement: taken with a deep breath, arms held out at shoulder height.
2. Waist measurement: taken at the natural waistline.
3. Hip measurement: taken around the fullest part of the buttocks.
4. Torso measurement: taken from the center of the shoulder, down the front, through the crotch, and up the back to the starting point.
5. In-seam Measurement: the length of the leg from the crotch to one inch above the floor.
Remember to measure her in her stocking feet.
Click for a detailed drawing depicting how to measure for a Girls Leotard,
Detailed Leotard Drawing.
The image provided shows a detailed drawing for measuring for a GK Elite Leotard but can be used to measure any brand of leotard.
As with any apparel, it is strongly recommended that you try a leotard on from the manufacture of choice prior to ordering. Many gymnastic centers and dance companies provide apparel and will be happy to assist you with proper sizing.
Author: Joe Carson
Interested in learning more about Girls Gymnastics? Click here: All About Gymnastics.
Nicole Carson operates an information website for girls gymnastics. Nicole is a level 7 gymnast at sunburst gymnastics in Clackamas Oregon
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joe_Carson
Women’s Ballet & Dance … Natalie’s classic 3/4 sleeve leotard with sweetheart neckline offers a mid scoop back and ballet cut leg line. Shelf bra lining.A Discount Dance Supply Exclusive! Brand: Natalie Dancewear
Natalie’s newest halter leotard has contrasting color along the sweetheart neckline with pinch front. This halter has a clear hook closure making it easy to get in and out of and offers a mid “V” back.
Leotards are available in a variety of designs and interesting fabrics like ribbed cotton and velvet. Some of the more popular styles include the double-strap or cross-strap camisoles by Capezio, Leo’s Dancewear and Motionwear.
- » Long Sleeve Leotard
- Just Dance |
- Child Long Sleeve Leotard – CL5409 | AthleticOutdoorClothing.Com
- Capezio Girls 2-6x Children’S Short Sleeve Leotard,Black,S (4-6) « WaddaDeal.com
- » Check Out Danskin Girls 2-6x Nylon Long Sleeve Leotard Danskin Tights
- Rythmycs Dance Company Presents: “SUMMER DANCE WORKSHOP” « Dance Manila
Filed under: Gymnastic Leotards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!